Even SEO basics can seem enormously complicated to a beginner. Nonetheless, as you delve deeper into the world of SEO 101, you’re going to find that things are pretty straightforward. Yeah, Google mixes things up with different algorithm updates every couple month of the last few years, but here’s the great thing about the basics of SEO for business: The fundamentals generally remain the same, with minor variations and changes that occur over a prolonged period of time.
In other words, if you learn and apply the SEO basics now, you should be ready for whatever the future is going to throw at you.
Interested in learning the proper SEO basic? Here is the course detail from one of the expert in the industry – Yoast
Easy SEO Basics
The great thing about SEO 101 or SEO for business is the fact that once you have your foundation, everything else begins to become clear. To that end, there are a few things you are going to want to keep in mind:
• Remember that SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Furthermore, SEO is not some kind of magic search engine cheat or short cut that will magically get your website to the top spot of search result in days (Even though this does happen). SEO was designed to make it easier for search engine users to find the best possible answer to the questions that they might have.
• Your SEO is designed to help you, the search engines, and then the people who are using the search engines. When the keywords and phrases relevant to your business are utilized properly and intelligently, your business will be in front of more potential customers, the user will find what they are looking for and continue to use the search engine, everyone stands to benefit.
• Content, performance, authority, and user’s experience are all things that help to play one role or another in the placement of your site on search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing.
• Keyword stuffing, paid links, and a weak user experience are all factors that can result in being penalized, which can come in the form of a lowered search engine ranking.
• One of the essentials of SEO basics involves knowing how the keywords and phrases influence things, and the things that can serve to influence those keywords/phrases. On-page refers to content on the actual website. Off-page refers to everything off the site, such as social media signals, bookmarking or off-line backlinks. Social signals refers to improving your search engine ranking through social sharing from friends, fans, and even an influencer or two. All of these components to SEO for business can play roles of varying importance in where you wind up on Bing or Google.
• SEO 101 now involves mobile/tablet optimization especially responsive design, so keep those things in mind, as well.
At the end of the day, it’s simply about coming up with engaging content that takes full advantage of unique keywords and phrases associated with your particular business.
Here is a simple illustration about SEO 101:
Free Website Audit
See if we are a good fit by filling out the simple discovery form. If you a good fit for us, we'll create a FREE no-obligation SEO video analysis for your business website.